“I don’t make gospel or hip hop. I make LIFE music.”
Ken the Messenger is an inspirational songwriter and hip hop artist that makes impactful “life music”. At the intersection of Life and Christianity, he wants to spread the word that you don’t have to be “perfect” to be a Christian; it’s okay to be authentically you and still have faith in God.
Ken delivers his message with a modern, upbeat vibe and high energy performance, blended perfectly with elements from his church upbringing. Ken has performed over 50 shows (Chicago, Atlanta, Nashville, Las Vegas, and Indiana), including Sofar Sounds Chicago where he received a standing ovation and was asked to return. He’s opened for Tasha Page-Lockhart, The Walls Group, Anthony Brown and Group TherAPy, Nia Allen, and 8x Stellar Award Winner and BET’s Sunday Best Judge, Jonathan McReynolds and is a part of his Chicago-based management team.
“If we can’t get them in the church to hear God’s message, then we gotta bring God’s message to them.”
- Blessed Ken the Messenger 3:24
- Not Regular Ken the Messenger ft. Xay Hill 3:10
- Add It Up Ken the Messenger ft. Paris the Spitta 3:38
- Faith Moves (extended version) Ken the Messenger ft. Swol 3:52
- Permission Ken the Messenger ft. Jaleal 3:22
- Trust Ken the Messenger ft. Dajah Renè & Christian McLaurin 3:08
- All God Ken the Messenger 2:55
- My God is Dope Ken the Messenger ft. Paris 4:14
- Habanera Marisa Buchheit ft. Ken the Messenger 2:05
Patrice K. Cokley, MBA